What is Kide Science?
The premier teacher training and lesson platform for early childhood STEAM education.
Our online training modules help you master STEAM pedagogy. We want you to feel confident when introducing scientific thinking to young children.
We provide high-quality lesson plans that include guided experiments, engaging stories, pedagogical tips, and equipment lists.
Whether your students are in your classroom or at home on video, our lessons are accessible and designed to capture children's attention and imagination.
Why Use Kide Science in Your Classroom?
Our Lessons are based on our Research
- Kide Science was formed from academic research by our founder, Jenni Vartiainen, PhD
- Her findings led to our innovative approach to improving scientific and critical thinking skills
- Our platform and tools continue to grow with her continued research
Story-Based Lessons Grow an Interest in Science
- Each lesson is based on a story and a problem.
- Students work together to help find answers for the characters in the story.
- Learners don't just do science, they become scientists looking for solutions.
- Getting results in this way develops an enthusiasm for science that provides long-term benefits.
Show Results that Parents Love
- Demonstrate skill growth with our unique assessment tools based on Finnish pedagogy
- Focus on teaching principles and theory that will apply to other areas of life -- empathy, communication, observation, and more.
- Improve your own methods and learning environment by understanding where students struggle.
What We Offer
- Plan in advance with 60+ lessons and 130+ experiments
- All experiments come with simple supply lists
- Tips to make the experiments fun and challenging for different abilities
- Training in our play-based pedagogy
- Certification exam with personalized feedback
- Training to adapt lessons to remote learning
- Home experiments so your students can show off what they've learned
- Access to a global network of likeminded educators for collaboration and troubleshooting
- Friendly support from Kide Science HQ